Asphalt Shingles Tear Off
You may be worrying that asphalt shingles tear off will create a big mess around your property, destroy your landscaping, beautiful lawn, and plants. You may be considering installing a second layer of asphalt shingles over your existing one (you can do that in Illinois but some jurisdiction may not permit it) to avoid all that mess.
With JB Roofing you don’t have to worry about it, we’ll make sure that your asphalt shingles tear off will go smoothly and without any accidents in the process.
- We take care of the dumpster
- Cover your landscaping with tarps
- Protect delicate shrubs, plants and small trees that could be damaged with falling asphalt shingles and debris with plywood
- Pick up the nails from your lawn
- Haul away the debris
There are several advantages of the old asphalt shingles tear off procedure prior to installation of a new one.
Let us just list 5 most important ones:
- Any defects of the roof deck that might not be visible from the attic (assuming that you have an attic or an accessible one), will be exposed after the old asphalt shingles roof has been torn off. Roof decking surface should be carefully inspected after the asphalt shingles tear off and any critical areas repaired prior to installation of a new roof
- Assuming that you have an accessible attic under the roof, it should be evaluated prior to the roof installation (it’s your choice) and if necessary, any conditions including mold, ventilation, and condensation issues addressed and corrected after the tear off.
- Many of the older roofs don’t include an ice and water shield membrane which protects the roof decking surface from moisture penetration and can be applied directly to the roof decking surface. This can be performed as soon as the old roof is torn off and it will prevent possibility of ice dam related leaks.
- In some cases older asphalt shingles have deteriorated to the point where installation of a new shingles layer will result in a very uneven surface. Performing asphalt shingles roof tear off and installation of the new layer on a clean, properly protected decking surface will result in an even, smoother look of your new roof.
Asphalt shingles tear off and clean installation of a new roof results in a longer life span of the shingles than of those installed as a second layer
JB Roofing, your Illinois roofing contractor